katiesbookblog

Katie's Book Blog!!

I'm a college student who loves reading. I will read pretty much anything but I do tend to choose YA most of the time!

Defying Hitler
Oliver Pretzel, Sebastian Haffner
Exquisite Captive
Heather Demetrios
Burying Water
K.A. Tucker
Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes
Chris Crutcher
Arson - Estevan Vega Arson was an amazing book. I read so many good reviews for it before I even got it and I couldn't wait to read it. Now, after finishing it, I can't wait for the sequel. Estevan Vega did a wonderful job making Arson a book full of mystery, romance, and characters you won't be able to get out of your head.I have to say that, in my opinion, the best part of Arson was the writing. It's one of the most crucial factors when it comes to whether or not I like a book and in this case, I loved it. From the very first page, I was drawn into the story because it was so beautifully written.The characters in Arson were all different than what I had expected. Arson, Emery, and Grandma Kay were the hardest for me to understand. As the book progressed and I learned of all their secrets, I began to know them better but some of the things they did still mystify me. I hope to learn a lot more about each character in the next book.Another great thing about Arson was the ending. It totally blew me away. I never saw any of it coming. It's definitely a big cliff hanger but that just means that I will have to get the sequel as soon as possible. =]Overall, Arson is unlike any book I have read and if you don't mind a little creepiness I recommend reading it. I am so glad that I got the chance to read it and I will now patiently wait for the sequel!