katiesbookblog

Katie's Book Blog!!

I'm a college student who loves reading. I will read pretty much anything but I do tend to choose YA most of the time!

Defying Hitler
Oliver Pretzel, Sebastian Haffner
Exquisite Captive
Heather Demetrios
Burying Water
K.A. Tucker
Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes
Chris Crutcher
Here Lies Bridget (Harlequin Teen) - Paige Harbison Here Lies Bridget is not a book I expected to enjoy when I first started it. I had read a lot of mixed reviews and I was nervous because I knew I wouldn't like the main character, Bridget Duke. I should not have worried at all because even though this book had its flaws I greatly enjoyed it!Bridget Duke is a bitch. That is all there is to it. I can't think of any other adequate way to describe her. She was mean, selfish, jealous, and so petty. She was a very hard character to like and it was even harder to sympathize with her. I found it hard to read about her in the beginning but the story was intriguing enough to keep me going and I am really glad that I did. The rest of the characters, Liam, Meredith, Michelle, Anna, Brett, and Jillian were great. They were all so nice and I really could not see why any of them wanted anything to do with Bridget. Luckily in this book karma definitely comes back to get those who deserve it and Bridget definitely deserved it.The story itself really was the best part of the book. It was so interesting and unique. Bridget gets into a car accident but she doesn't die. Instead she ends up in limbo where she must see how her actions have affected five people in her life. It was heartbreaking to see what those five people had to go through because of Bridget. It really makes you think about the impact you have on people's lives.Overall, Here Lies Bridget is a great debut from Paige Harbison and I definitely recommend it. Don't let Bridget's nasty attitude turn you off from this book because she gets what is coming to her. This is one of those books that I think people of all ages can enjoy. I can't wait to check out Paige Harbison's next book!