katiesbookblog

Katie's Book Blog!!

I'm a college student who loves reading. I will read pretty much anything but I do tend to choose YA most of the time!

Defying Hitler
Oliver Pretzel, Sebastian Haffner
Exquisite Captive
Heather Demetrios
Burying Water
K.A. Tucker
Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes
Chris Crutcher
Angelfire - Courtney Allison Moulton Courtney Allison Moulton's debut novel introduces a world of reapers, angels, and one seemingly human teenage girl. The story is probably one of the most unique stories I have read and I was hooked from the beginning.Ellie was a bit of a wimp at first but that quickly changed. I had heard that she was a great heroine but I didn't know how true that was until I read the book. Ellie was badass! She was fierce, brave, protective, and courageous yet she still had her scared and vulnerable moments. She was very real. Will was dark, mysterious, and a but moody but he quickly grew on me. He was just as fierce as Ellie and they were great together. Neither of them overshadowed the other. Kate, Nathaniel, and Lauren were also fabulous characters. Yay for best friends who don't backstab you!The plot of Angelfire was extremely fast-paced. Ellie is thrown into this world of reapers and she doesn't get a training period. These guys are out to get her and they are EVIL! There is a ton of action and I really think this book could appeal to both guys and girls because of that. =)Overall, Angelfire is a must-read, in my opinion. I'm kicking myself for waiting so long to read it!