katiesbookblog

Katie's Book Blog!!

I'm a college student who loves reading. I will read pretty much anything but I do tend to choose YA most of the time!

Defying Hitler
K.A. Tucker
Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes
Chris Crutcher

Article 5

Article 5 - I've been meaning to read Article 5 ever since it first came out but I just kept putting it off. I finally made the decision to read it and I'm so glad that I did. Article 5 made me remember why I love dystopian novels.Article 5 isn't a book that I immediately fell in love with. It took some time for me to really get into the story and feel invested in the characters' outcomes. However, it's also not a slow book. I knew that I wanted to keep reading from the very beginning. I couldn't look away from anything that was happening. And once I truly got to know the characters, I wanted so badly for them to get the happy endings they deserved.Ember tries to stay under the radar more often than not but that's hard to do because her mom is always on the radar. She doesn't believe in all the restrictions that the government has put on people and so she tends to not follow them. That, inevitably, leads to her getting taken away and Ember getting sent to a rehabilitation camp for girls. And that's where things really start to take off. Ember seems like a quiet, reserved girl at first but as soon as she's separated from her mom, she changes. She turns into this fierce young woman who will do anything to get back to her mom. She didn't always like what she was having to do (she is a good person at heart) but she knew that she was the only person she could rely on. Then there was Chase. Chase and Ember grew up together and they were each other's first love. Things changed though when Chase arrested Ember's mom. She knew he'd changed but she never thought he would do something like that. However, Chase is far from what he seems and he may just be the only one who can save Ember and her mom.Finally, a dystopian story that actually gripped me and didn't feel super similar to all other dystopian novels out there. Article 5 is unique and I'm happy to see that there are still some dystopian books out there like it. There were a few things that were rather predictable but not many. Article 5 managed to shock me many times and I just could not stop reading!Overall, Article 5 is a must-read for dystopian fans! I highly recommend it and I can't wait to get my hands on the sequel.