katiesbookblog

Katie's Book Blog!!

I'm a college student who loves reading. I will read pretty much anything but I do tend to choose YA most of the time!

Defying Hitler
K.A. Tucker
Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes
Chris Crutcher

A Little Too Far

A Little Too Far - Lisa Desrochers A Little Too Far, Lisa Desrochers' new adult debut, is by far one of the best new adult titles that I've read. I can't recommend this one enough for new adult fans.A Little Too Far is one of the steamiest books I've ever read. Seriously, you guys. There are some serious sexytimes in A Little Too Far. And they are so perfect! You would think that reading about a girl sleeping with her stepbrother would seem wrong but that was definitely not the case with Trent and Lexie. It's easy to see how perfect they are for each other, even if there parents just happen to be married. They have serious chemistry but their relationship is just so comfortable. They are friends, above all else. That's the perfect kind of relationship to have.Trent isn't the only romantic option for Lexie though. While studying abroad in Rome, she meets Alessandro Moretti, a soon-to-be priest who is just as off-limits as Trent. He's smart, funny, kind, and did I mention that he's a sexy Italian? I must have forgotten that part. He's the perfect distraction for Lexie because she knows she can't have him. This really is one book where I was torn between the two guys. Both Trent and Alessandro were good for Lexie in different ways and I loved that Lisa Desrochers didn't make it an easy choice for Lexie or readers.I mentioned briefly that Lexie goes to study abroad in Rome. That's actually where most of the story takes place and let me tell you, Lisa Desrochers did a fabulous job making the setting really come alive. I can't tell you how much I want to go to Rome now. The food, the people, the places, the art, everything just seems so wonderful. A setting can truly make or break a book and in this case, it definitely made it.There was one thing that I didn't totally love about A Little Too Far and that was some of the dialogue. There were some scenes that seemed a little too cheesy. I've noticed this in quite a few new adult novels but it seems like the dialogue is always a little too immature for the age group. Most of the time, things were fine with A Little Too Far but there were a couple times where I wanted to laugh at some of the things Trent or Alessandro said.Overall, A Little Too Far is a great addition to the new adult genre and it gives me hope that this genre might get better for me. Definitely check this one out for a quick, steamy read.