katiesbookblog

Katie's Book Blog!!

I'm a college student who loves reading. I will read pretty much anything but I do tend to choose YA most of the time!

Defying Hitler
K.A. Tucker
Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes
Chris Crutcher

Roar and Liv

Roar and Liv - I'm a little behind with my novellas. I've already read both Under the Never Sky and Through the Ever Night but I decided to go back and read Roar and Liv anyway. I'm actually really glad I took the time to read this novella and even having already read the two books that follow it, I feel like I learned something new.Roar and Liv takes place right before Under the Never Sky, when Liv is pledged to Sable and runs away. That's the story that readers know from Under the Never Sky and Through the Ever Night. However, what readers don't know is how deep Roar and Liv's relationship really is. Like I said, I've already read books 1 and 2 and to be honest, I didn't see the appeal of Liv in either book. That being said, you don't really ever actually get to see Liv in those books or get to know her like you do in this novella. Readers will finally be able to understand why Roar loves her so much and just can't let her go. I was really satisfied with the development of their relationship through this novella.Roar and Liv is short and to the point. It is all about Roar and Liv. It takes place over a two to three week time period and it's really fast-paced. There's not really anything new to the story that readers haven't heard in the first two books but it's really not about that. The story itself is unimportant, it's the relationship between Roar and Liv that matters. However, there is enough going on in the story to keep readers interested.Overall, Roar and Liv is a great addition to the Under the Never Sky series. Even if, like me, you've already read books 1 and 2, I recommend taking the time to go back and read this novella.