katiesbookblog

Katie's Book Blog!!

I'm a college student who loves reading. I will read pretty much anything but I do tend to choose YA most of the time!

Defying Hitler
Oliver Pretzel, Sebastian Haffner
Exquisite Captive
Heather Demetrios
Burying Water
K.A. Tucker
Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes
Chris Crutcher

Shattered Dreams (Midnight Dragonfly Series #1)

Shattered Dreams - Ellie James Shattered Dreams was not at all what I expected. It was ten times better! From the very first page I was hooked and I could not put it down.Trinity is an awesome main character. She is brave, funny, smart, kind, and (my favorite thing) kind of bad ass. She is not afraid to be disliked by the popular kids at school and she is one of the only people willing to stand up to them. Chase is another amazing character. He is sweet, kind, caring, brave, and willing to stand by Trinity through everything. Trinity's aunt, Sara, is one character I wanted to know more about but I think that will be addressed in the next book. Really, all the characters were fantastic!The plot is what really gets you hooked though. The story starts off in a supposedly haunted mansion and that was all it took to get me into the story. This book was full of twists and surprises and I was up late into the night reading. The last 100 pages really had me going and I was clueless as to who was good or bad. Best kind of suspense!The setting also made this book great! The story takes place in New Orleans and while I have never been there, I feel like I have. The imagery in this book is amazing and it only added to the awesomeness. =)Overall, Shattered Dreams is a must read! I adored this book and I can't wait for the next book in the series. Get your hands on a copy now!